Race with the Summit Freewheelers in 2017
Want to ride for the coolest team in Northeast Ohio? Here’s your chance!
The Summit Freewheelers is looking for new club and race team members. Whether you’re an experienced racer or an interested novice, this team is for you. We’re looking for positive riders and racers for the 2017 season.
Why would you want to ride with the Summit Freewheelers?
- We’re a team of motivated individuals who are out to have fun and ride better and faster. We support each other and provide a great atmosphere at races, group rides, and team events. But you don’t have to race to ride with us—you just have to have a desire to ride faster and improve your cycling ability.
- We sponsor the popular Races at the Lake (RATL) criterium series, four consecutive weekends of early spring crit racing at Monroe Falls Metro Park. In 2015, we hosted the State Championship Time Trial and part of the Road Race. We will be sponsoring the 2017 Eastern Ohio Time Trial series.
- We have GREAT sponsors! Huge discounts on helmets and shades from Rudy Project, club-only days and training opportunities at the Cleveland Velodrome, and more!
What does it take to race with the Summit Freewheelers?
- A positive attitude. We’re out to have fun and try to win, in that order.
- Dedication. We ask that you enter 10 sanctioned races during the year, and include races we’ve identified as team focus races. If that seems like too much of a commitment, that’s OK: you don’t have to race on the team to be a member of the Club. Club members have fewer requirements, but also fewer benefits. You can still race in our team kit, and you’d still be a 100% Summit Freewheelers teammate.
If this is what you’re looking for, then we look forward to hearing from you! You can contact us through our website or talk to one of the team representatives listed here!
Race Team Commitment:
- Maintain a current membership in the Summit Freewheelers
- Commit to participate in team training events as much as practical
- Must commit to leading one structured "B" ride during the season to help develop new riders.
- Commit to race as a team at each race
- Race entry must be under the team name Summit Freewheelers
- Compete in at least 10 sanctioned races in 2017, including 5 Focus Races
- All prize money shall be evenly split among all members in the race
- Team Members shall wear the current full kit at each race event
- Race participation shall be logged into the Race Entry form on the SFW website to verify participation
- Cycling races as part of multisport events (triathlons, duathlons) will qualify toward race fulfillment as long as the full current kit is worn during the cycling portion of the race
Race Team Benefits:
- Monthly team training sessions on race tactics, race skills, and conditioning during the off-season
- Special training sessions during the season for race members.
USA Cycling Road Schedules
All other states: usacycling.org/events