Since we can't get together this summer, we thought we'd throw out a virtual competition. Take the trip to Deerfield, Ride the EOTT course, submit your times for bragging rights.
The course is basically the Eastern Ohio Time Trial Course, however, we don't expect you to make the U-turn without traffic controls, so we'll take the sum of two segments on the course.
Going Northwest - The northwest segment starts when you pass the American Legion parking lot entrance on SR 14 and ends when you reach the JCT-183 sign in Edinburgh just before the intersection.
Deerfield 2020 NW Segment
Going Southeast - You start at the JCT-183 sign in Edinburgh (however, it's facing the other direction). Take that until you reach the American Legion driveway just before the Deerfield Township Hall Entrance.
Deerfield 2020 SE Segment
1) you may take a running start at both directions. Best to get up to full speed by the time you pass the starting point.
2) You must do both sections on the same day (You can start in Edinburgh instead of Deerfield if you like). We're trying to prevent people picking days where the wind is pushing them in both directions.
3) You can stop and take a break between segments. We'd rather have folks taking a long break than trying to beat traffic on a U-turn.
4) Deerfield will let you park at the Township Hall, but the building is closed until further notice.
5) No moto-pacing. Honestly a slow-moving car on SR-14 pacing a bicycle is not safe, and moto-pacing isn't cool in any sort of race, virtual or not.
6) If we really think your run is not legitimate for any reason, we won't count the time.
7) You can submit as many attempts as you'd like between now and Labor Day.
1) Strava is the easiest. Upload your activity, and we'll pull it off of Strava. Just send a note to email@example.com and we'll figure it out.
2) Send the raw data file from your device to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll bump it up against Strava.
3) Stop watch honor system. Best is to photograph the computer at the end of each direction.
4) We're open to other methods we haven't thought of yet.
As with any time trial. please send full name, home town, gender, and age. We'll divvy the results up by age group and category. Let us know if you're on a non-TT bike or Recumbent.